Bariloche Mountains - Frey Refugio

Bariloche Mountains - Frey Refugio
Bariloche Mountains - Frey Refugio

NYC skyline

NYC skyline

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Global and Local Exploration

Since I ventured across the Pacific at the age of 17 to spend a year in Seoul, Korea, I have seen the world and its people as incredible sources of inspiration and new perspectives. Since that year so many years ago, I have had wonderful opportunities to populate my passport with stamps and visas from over 70 countries. The stories I have heard would fill Wikipedia if written out. In addition, I have a commitment to bring the world into my life in Manhattan, NYC--both its cultures and a concern that global human sustainability depends on changes in lifestyles everywhere to preserve the stunning beauty and awe of amazing parts of the planet, such as the South American Andes around Bariloche in the Patagonian region of Argentina.

My current project is to add a worm composting bin in my small NYC apartment. Since NYC gets a bit cold in the winter, it's important that the worm bin be able to do its composting in a small and non-aromatic space. My choice was the Worm Factory 360--a multi-storied luxury house for the hundreds of wriggly consumers of my organic waste that I bought online about a month ago.
I've been advised to buy about 5 pounds of worms. OMG, that sounds lot a lot of squirming critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment